About the Health and Social Services Ombudsman
- Answer and clarify general questions regarding health- and social services
- Hear about your experiences with the health- and social services
- Provide advice and guidance regarding your patient rights
- Inform you of methods for compensation claims and complaints
- Assist you in meetings with service providers to obtain answers to your questions
- Help you to formulate a compensation claim if you need to
- Give advise on what to do if you have experienced to be injured
- Provide advise of whom you may contact if we can not help you
Our services are provided free of charge – We offer complete confidentiality. You can remain anonymous when you contact us.
Family members are distraught because a municipality has spent 8 months to determine an application for nursing home for a 95 year old woman.
A man contacted us because his home care service did not come to a certain time, as promised and because of that he did not get the medicines he needed.
Inadequate care after surgery
One patient had large and painful bedsores because of inadequate care after surgery.
Rehabilitation was significantly delayed because of this and he was awarded compensation.
Waiting for appointment with GPs
Patients contact us due to latency for an appointment with the GP or difficulties to get an appointment when needed.
A patient was "lost" in the hospital system. That resulted in lack of summon for control after cancer surgery.
Relatives believe a man took his own life because he was discharged from a psychiatric hospital to early.
Addicts have been denied treatment because they have not been abstinent after previous attempts of treatment.
Patients must be given good and comprehensive treatment.
The hospitals must have systems that prevent patients fall out of the queue.
It is important to monitor how "Samhandlingsreformen" affects the health- and social service provided.
Municipalities and hospitals must cooperate better in in the treatment of people who suffer from mental illnesses and addictions.
The communication between health professionals and patients need to improve.