4 months checkup
When your child is 4 months old, you will be offered a group consultation with a public health nurse and possibly a physiotherapist at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- interaction between the parents and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- possibility of introducing solid food (in Norwegian)
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- dental health and brushing teeth (in Norwegian)
- infectious diseases (fever and upper respiratory tract infections)
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- drug use (alcohol and other drugs)
- information about kindergarten places
The child's weight, length and head circumference will be measured as appropriate. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.