4 months checkup
When your child is 4 months old, you will be offered a group consultation with a public health nurse and possibly a physiotherapist at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- interaction between the parents and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- possibility of introducing solid food (in Norwegian)
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- dental health and brushing teeth (in Norwegian)
- infectious diseases (fever and upper respiratory tract infections)
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- drug use (alcohol and other drugs)
- information about kindergarten places
The child's weight, length and head circumference will be measured as appropriate. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health. National guideline for health promotion and preventive work in the child and youth health centres and school health service, 0 – 20 years. [Internet]. Oslo: The Norwegian Directorate of Health; 2019 [accessed 2021-02-23].
Last updated Friday, January 10, 2020