3 months checkup
When your child is 3 months old, you will be offered an individual consultation with a public health nurse at the health centre. The child's head circumference, weight and length will be measured. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- the interaction between you and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- the child’s movement development
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- caring for your child
- stimulation of language development
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- the parents' well-being and mental health (cohabitation)
The child's head circumference, weight and length will be measured. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.
Your child will be offered the first dose of the six-component vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, Hib infection and hepatitis B (in Norwegian), and the first dose of the pneumococcal vaccine (in Norwegian).
The vaccines will be administered by injection.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health. National guideline for health promotion and preventive work in the child and youth health centres and school health service, 0 – 20 years. [Internet]. Oslo: The Norwegian Directorate of Health; 2019 [accessed 2021-02-23].
Last updated Friday, January 10, 2020