5 months checkup
When your child is 5 months old, you will be offered an individual or group consultation with a public health nurse at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- the interaction between you and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- possibility of introducing solid food (in Norwegian)
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- dental health and brushing teeth (in Norwegian)
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- the parents' well-being and mental health (cohabitation)
The child's head circumference, weight and length will be measured. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.
Your child will be offered the second dose of the six-component vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, Hib infection and hepatitis B (in Norwegian), and the second dose of the pneumococcal vaccine (in Norwegian).
The vaccines will be administered by injection.