- Who you will meet
When your child is four years old, you will be offered an individual consultation with a public health nurse at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- the interaction between you and the child (social and emotional contact)
- diet and eating habits (in Norwegian)
- sleeping habits (in Norwegian)
- language development
- the child's sexual development
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- mobile phone and screen use, including the use of social media
- drug use (alcohol and other drugs)
- kindergarten and preparing for school
The child's weight and height will be measured. The child’s health and general condition, vision, hearing and movement development (fine and gross motor skills) will be observed.
In advance of this consultation, you may have been asked to fill in a form, where you answer questions about your child's language skills and motor development. The public health nurse will go through the answers with you.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health. National guideline for health promotion and preventive work in the child and youth health centres and school health service, 0 – 20 years. [Internet]. Oslo: The Norwegian Directorate of Health; 2019 [accessed 2021-02-23].
Last updated Friday, January 10, 2020