COVID-19 certificates for non-digital users
You can order a COVID-19 certificate by post. You can also call the COVID-19 helpline and request a paper printout of your COVID-19 certificate in the post.
If you are unable to log in to Helsenorge using an electronic ID or unable to use a smartphone, PC or tablet, you can order a COVID-19 certificate by post. You can also call the COVID-19 helpline and request a paper printout of your COVID-19 certificate in the post. Note that only the person who needs the certificate can call for assistance.
In the digital solution, it is also possible to print out a certificate on paper.
Ordering by letter in the post
To order a COVID-19 certificate by post, you must have a Norwegian national ID number or D number. This will for example apply to:
- Persons who have a guardian. The guardian can order on behalf of the person concerned, provided that Helfo has an entry about the guardianship in its register.
- Persons who are resident in Norway, but do not have a registered address.
- Persons who are resident abroad, but do not have an address registered in the National Population Register.
- Persons who are unable to call Helfo and request a certificate themselves.
What information must the letter contain?
Your letter must state that you wish to receive a COVID-19 certificate and contain the following information:
- Name, national ID number of D number, residential address, and the address to which you want the certificate to be sent
- your signature
- Copy of valid ID (passport or ID card)
You can use the form below to fill in the necessary information:
Order a COVID-19 certificate for non-digital user (PDF, English)
Where should it be sent?
Send the letter and the copy of your ID to:
If you have a valid COVID-19 certificate, you will receive it in the post. It is not possible to have COVID-19 certificates sent to a digital mailbox. If any information is missing from the request, Helfo will be unable to issue the COVID-19 certificate.
You will normally receive the certificate within 1-2 weeks.
Ordering by phone
- Have your national ID number or D number ready.
- Call the COVID-19 helpline (answers in Norwegian and English).
- Opening hours 08.00 – 15.30, Monday to Friday
- From Norway: 815 55 015
- From abroad: +47 21 89 80 42
The case officer will ask you for your national ID number or D number, name and registered address. If the name and address you provide do not correspond with what is registered in the system as the address registered in the National Population Register, you will unfortunately not be able to receive a COVID-19 certificate. You must then contact the National Population Register in order to clarify the address that is registered for you.
If you have a valid COVID-19 certificate, you will receive it in the post. The postal service will then determine how quickly you can receive your COVID-19 certificate. Please note the validity date, which is 90 days from the date of printing.
If you are resident abroad and have a Norwegian national ID number or D number, but not a bankID or other authorisation solution which gives you access to helsenorge.no, you can use the solution for non-digital users. This assumes that your address abroad is registered in the National Population Register.
Don't have access to helsenorge.no?
If you do not have access to helsenorge.no, you can also grant others power of attorney (PDF, in Norwegian) to print your COVID-19 certificate. The processing time for power of attorney is at least 30 days. Please note that this power of attorney gives access to other health information which is available via other digital health services in helsenorge.no.