8 months checkup
When your child is 8 months old, you will be offered an individual or group consultation with a public health nurse at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- the interaction between you and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- solid food (in Norwegian)
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- dental health and brushing teeth (in Norwegian)
- language development and play
- preparing for kindergarten
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- the parents' well-being and mental health (cohabitation)
The child's weight, length and head circumference will be measured as appropriate. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.