8 months checkup
- Who you will meet
When your child is 8 months old, you will be offered an individual or group consultation with a public health nurse at the health centre. You will be asked whether there is anything you wish to discuss.
Who you will meet
- public health nurse
The public health nurse will discuss topics such as:
- the interaction between you and the child
- breastfeeding (in Norwegian) and/or breast milk substitutes (in Norwegian)
- vitamin D supplements
- solid food (in Norwegian)
- your child's sleep (in Norwegian)
- dental health and brushing teeth (in Norwegian)
- language development and play
- preparing for kindergarten
- the child’s environment and safety (in Norwegian)
- the parents' well-being and mental health (cohabitation)
The child's weight, length and head circumference will be measured as appropriate. The child's eye contact, movement and development will be observed.
The Norwegian Directorate of Health. National guideline for health promotion and preventive work in the child and youth health centres and school health service, 0 – 20 years. [Internet]. Oslo: The Norwegian Directorate of Health; 2019 [accessed 2021-02-23].
Last updated Friday, January 10, 2020