On helsenorge.no, you can view various types of messages from the healthcare service.
In the messaging service, called Inbox ("Innboks"), you can view and reply to messages which you have received from the healthcare services. The messages can, for example, be from your GP, from municipal health services or summons to an appointment at a hospital.
If you have a user at Helsenorge, you will receive a summons in your inbox here, or in the digital mailbox you have selected, such as Digipost. If you do not have any of these, you will receive it as a regular mail to your registered address.
To reply to a message regarding a specific appointment with the Western Norway Regional Health Authority ("Helse Vest"), you must go to that appointment in Appointments ("Timeavtaler").
This service requires consent at Basic level or above, but with Basic level only, you will not be able to access all types of messages. You must give consent for Full access level in order to view all messages via this service.
Consent at Basic level gives you access to:
- Messages from the Municipal patient and user registry ("Kommunalt pasient- og brukerregister").
- Receipts, for example when you change GP or submit a form.
- Receipt that you have given or received power of attorney, or confirmation that a power of attorney has been amended or cancelled.
Consent at Full access level gives you access to:
- Messages from hospitals in the Western Norway Regional Health Authority (Helse Vest) will be shown in one place.
- Messages from the cancer pathway coordinator in the Western Norway Regional Health Authority, if you have been assigned such a coordinator.
- Messages from healthcare contacts in the Western Norway Regional Health Authority, if you have been assigned such a coordinator.
- Messages from GPs who use digital services on helsenorge.no.
- Messages from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT), if you are taking part in this study.
- Messages from the municipal health service, if you are taking part in the trial of this service.
- Messages regarding power of attorney, change of GP and digital forms.
- Responses from case officers.
- Results from health surveys or project trials you are taking part in.
Compose new message
You can compose new messages by pressing the "Compose message" ("Skriv melding") button. You can compose a new message to your healthcare contacts on the health contacts page (article in Norwegian). You can also send messages to your GP if they offer digital services at helsenorge.no. You can learn more about GPs who offer digital services here (in Norwegian).
Messages from health and care services in the municipality
If you are receiving municipal healthcare services and live in an area that is participating in a trial of these services at helsenorge.no, you can now use new services at helsenorge.no, for example messages from health and care services in the municipality.
How does it work?
When you contact health and care services in your municipality via helsenorge.no, they will reply via helsenorge.no.
- You can expect to receive a reply on the first working day after you sent the message.
- You can start new messages from the healthcare contacts service ("helsekontakter") when you are logged in to helsenorge.no.
- You can only send messages to services which you receive and which offer communication via helsenorge.no.
- Your messages will only be read by health and care professionals who are permitted to view information about you.
- You will be notified when new messages are sent to you by text message or e-mail, depending on your preferences, so that you know when to log in.
You will find new messages in the messaging service when you are logged in to helsenorge.no. You can also reply to messages you have received there.